Turner-Scott Motorsports announced on Friday that “Arrowhead” defaulted on their payment in sponsoring Jeb Burton for the upcoming NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. As a result, Burton will not be able to return to the series full-time this coming season with TSM. TSM added that they will have to layoff employees as a result.
“The breakout success of Jeb Burton and the entire No. 4 team in 2013 makes these decisions especially painful,” team co-owner Harry Scott Jr said in a team release. “However, we will do everything we can to put Jeb on the racetrack with our organization going forward. He is a great talent and has a great career ahead of him.”
“Despite this setback, Turner Scott Motorsports remains strong overall and will compete for championships in both the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. We are extremely proud of the talent of our workforce here at TSM, and it is very difficult for us to lose anyone within our organization. We understand the way that this affects the lives of everyone involved, and we will do our best to assist in placement elsewhere in the sport.”
Last year, Burton finished fifth in points in his rookie year after scoring a win at Texas Motor Speedway.
“Obviously, these are tough circumstances for everyone involved, not just for me, but also for my teammates who are affected,” Burton said. “I am working with Turner Scott Motorsports to identify any potential opportunities for me to get on the track this year.”