After having four solid seasons in Peterborough Speedway’s Four Fun division, Rob Gosse is moving up to the Mini Stock division, while making some starts at Kawartha Speedway this year.
In the midst of preparations for the season, Gosse took some time to answer the questions at hand.
1. How’d you get started in racing?
My dad would take me and my brother Shawn to the track on Saturday nights and once I was able to drive I started racing the endros, then up to four funs, and now mini.
2. First racing memory
When I won my first heat race at Peterborough. I fought so hard for that win.
3. If you could be sponsored by any beverage, which would you want to be sponsored by?
4. Story behind your car number
I ran No. 16 for the longest time then when someone else took that number, I went to 63. This year I will be run No. 27; it is my daughter’s birthday
5. If you have a nickname, what is it and why? If not, what do you think should be a good nickname?
Not to sure. I would like have one though.
6. If you could race against any NASCAR driver, who and why?
Dale Earnhardt Jr.; he is my favourite NASCAR driver.
7. What’s your life like outside of racing? Hobbies?
I work as a building operator in downtown Toronto. Hobbies – I still do some R/C racing for time to time.
8. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
9. Favourite pizza topping
10. If you were stuck on an island, what would you have to have?
Knife – you make can many thing to help yourself.
11. Favourite book
12. Favourite movie
Days of Thunder
13. Favourite piece of technology
14. Sponsors/people you’d like to thank
I would like to thank my mom, dad, Shawn, Jen, Brianna, Keith, Willy and family.
Sponsors: Turners Fire Wood And Snow Plowing, Mass Plumbing Xtremerc and Team Blue Racing
Previous Tracking the Short Tracks Pieces…
If you would like to be featured, send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.