Last year, Brian Love had a solid season at Sunset Speedway on his way to finishing sixth in points. Love returns to Sunset Speedway this season hoping to have another fun, solid year.
Though before the season kicks, Love answered the 15 questions that resolve around racing and life.
1. How’d you get started in racing?
Always wanted to try it. I’m a car guy, love working on them.
2. First racing memory
On my first practice ever, I was first on the track, thinking I was doing good, until Doug Bell pased me like I was standing still. Scared me actually.
3. If you could be sponsored by any beverage, which would you want to be sponsored by?
It would have to be Pepsi
4. Story behind your car number
Growing up, I went to Sauble Speedway a lot, I was always a big fan of #4 Ken McElroy. So I put my own spin on his number.
5. If you have a nickname, what is it and why? If not, what do you think should be a good nickname?
Spencer started calling me” the king of hearts”. I guess because I’m all heart?
6. If you could race against any NASCAR driver, who and why?
I’m a big Earnhardt fan, either one, but I think it would be awesome to look up at your mirror and see the Intimidator bearing down on me.
7. What’s your life like outside of racing? Hobbies?
I love being with my family, most of all. We camp, travel and just spend quality time together, I’m a pressman for Metroland media in Toronto for 26 years. I’m married to Donna, for 19 years, and I have two boys Austin (16) and Hunter (15).
8. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
I think I would be a lion, I love cats.
9. Favourite pizza topping
ALL OF THEM
10. Dream vacation spot
Le man France
11. If you were stuck on an island, what would you have to have?
Any Clive Cussler novel
12. Favourite book
Same as #11.
13. Favourite movie
14. Favourite piece of technology
15. Sponsors/people you’d like to thank
Fox’s bakery and Deli, Tire Depot Barrie, Simcoe Auto Recyclers, the Stone Grille Stroud, Eckert Auto Sales.
To learn more about Brian Love, check out http://brianlove04.com/.
Previous Tracking the Short Tracks Pieces…
If you would like to be featured, send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.