Last year, Morgan Robson opened a new chapter in the history books when he began his rookie season at Sunset Speedway. Paralyzed from the waist down, Robson took to the track in a mustang that used hand controls. Robson learned as the season went on in how to control the car and get quicker.
This year, Robson will take on a new challenge as he will be racing at Sauble Speedway this summer. Though before taking to the track, he answered the 15 questions that surround racing on and off the track.
1. How’d you get started in racing?
Well my dad started racing back at Barrie Speedway when I was a kid. Now my mom and dad built me a car so I could race.
2. First racing memory
Being the first wheelchair driver in Ontario.
3. If you could be sponsored by any beverage, which would you want to be sponsored by?
4. Story behind your car number
The story behind my number is it has been my hockey number for a while.
5. If you have a nickname, what is it and why? If not, what do you think should be a good nickname?
I have a nickname. It is The Wheelman, because I wheel a wheelchair and I wheel a race car.
6. If you could race against any NASCAR driver, who and why?
Tony Stewart cause I’ve liked him for a really long time.
7. What’s your life like outside of racing? Hobbies?
I play Sledge Hockey outside of racing.
8. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
Bear cause a bear does not back down to anything.
9. Favourite pizza topping
10. Dream vacation spot
11. If you were stuck on an island, what would you have to have?
Safety stuff, phones, map.
12. Favourite book
I don’t really read books.
13. Favourite movie
14. Favourite piece of technology
Computers and anything.
15. Sponsors/people you’d like to thank
People I would like to thank are Midhurst Roofing, HWY 400 Transmission, Medichair Accessible Vehicles, Elmvale Bears Sledge Hockey, proud supporters of Project track Champion, Part Timer Signs and my crew Mom, Dad, Justin, Dylan, and Sean.
Previous Tracking the Short Tracks Pieces…
April 30th: Sunset Speedway Mini Stock Competitor Brian Love
If you would like to be featured, send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.