From NASCAR’s biggest track to NASCAR’s shortest track, it’s time for the Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck Series drivers to keep the excitement going as the year draws closer to the end.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Terry Wagner picked Matt Crafton and Johnny Sauter. The ThorSport Racing teammates have had success at Martinsville before, both posting wins previously at the paperclip.
Justin Tucker picked Darrell Wallace Jr. and Matt Crafton. Wallace knows what it takes to get around Martinsville as he is also a previous winner. It’d be neat to see him put the No. 34 in victory lane this weekend as he pays tribute to Wendall Scott.
Ashley McCubbin and Ronald Costigan picked Erik Jones and Matt Crafton. Jones had a good run going in the spring, though found himself on the short end of the stick after being spun in the closing laps of the event.
Jeni Harris picked Timothy Peters and Darrell Wallace Jr. Peters is a previous Martinsville winner and has momentum on his side following a victory at Talladega Superspeedway.
Brooke Clarke picked Darrell Wallace Jr. and Matt Crafton.
Tyler Sontag picked Erik Jones and Matt Crafton.
Kyle Magda picked Timothy Peters and Johnny Sauter.
Christina Cordner picked Tyler Reddick and Ryan Blaney.
Tim Johnston picked Ron Hornaday and Matt Crafton which becomes Brennan Newberry and Matt Crafton.
Joni Stiles picked Erik Jones and Johnny Sauter.
Billy Stiles Jr. picked Ben Kennedy and Tayler Malsam which becomes Ben Kennedy and Alex Guenette
Tayler Stiles picked Joe Nemechek and Darrell Wallace Jr. which becomes John Hunter Nemechek and Darrell Wallace Jr.
Robert Hill picked Ryan Blaney and Ben Kennedy.
Marshall Gabell picked Ben Kennedy and Erik Jones.
Kreistina Blinova picked Joe Nemechek and Ben Kennedy which becomes John Hunter Nemechek and Darrell Wallace Jr.
Camping World Truck Series Standings
- Ronald Costigan – 228+74=302
- (Points Leader Post Las Vegas) Tyler Sontag – 232+69=301 (-1)
- Brooke Clarke and Jeni Harris – 228+65=293 (-9)
- Ashley McCubbin – 222+69=291 (-11)
- Kyle Magda – 225+61=286 (-16)
- Tayler Stiles – 215+70=285 (-17)
- Christina Cordner – 189+81=270 (-32)
- Marshall Gabell – 211+55=266 (-36)
- Justin Tucker – 219+43=262 (-40)
- Tim Johnston – 222+40=262 (-40)
- Joni Stiles – 206+52=258 (-44)
- Terry Wagner – 204+43=247 (-55)
- Billy Stiles Jr. – 177+59=236 (-66)
- Kreistina Blinova – 184+51=235 (-67)
- Robert Hill – 174+57=231 (-71)
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Brooke Clarke and Terry Wagner picked Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano and Jeff Gordon. Keselowski has five top-10s in nine starts at Martinsville, while Logano has only three top-10s in 11 starts – but will start second on Sunday. Gordon is tied with Jimmie Johnson as the all-time win leader at Martinsville with 8 wins a piece.
Justin Tucker picked Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson. Hamlin has four wins at Martinsville, while Johnson’s success is mentioned above to go with the motivation to perform after missing the cut for the top eight in the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Ashley McCubbin picked Kevin Harvick, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson. Harvick had a poor qualifying effort (33rd) after getting into the wall, but is a previous Martinsville race winner.
Kreistina Blinova and Ronald Costigan picked Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Earnhardt has 16 top 10s at Martinsville in 29 starts, and is perhaps the strongest driver at the paperclip without a clock.
Jeni Harris picked Denny Hamlin, Tony Stewart and Matt Kenseth. Stewart has three previous wins at Martinsville, while Martinsville hasn’t treated Kenseth well in the past. However, he will start near the front after a strong qualifying effort.
Kyle Magda picked Jamie McMurray, Denny Hamlin and Earnhardt Jr.
Christina Cordner picked Jeff Gordon, Brian Vickers and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Tim Johnston picked Austin Dillon, Tony Stewart and David Ragan.
Joni Stiles picked Kasey Kahne, Kurt Busch and Martin Truex Jr.
Billy Stiles Jr. picked Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Points: 36+22+14=72
Tayler Stiles picked Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick and Jeff Gordon. Points: 47+36+19=102
Robert Hill picked Jamie McMurray, Jeff Gordon and Paul Menard. Menard finished 36th. Points: 10+19+8=37
Tyler Sontag picked Kasey Kahne, Marcos Ambrose and Jeff Gordon. Ambrose finished eighth. Points: 33+36+19=87
Marshall Gabell picked Jamie McMurray, Kyle Busch and Matt Kenseth. Busch finished 40th. Points: 10+4+43=57
Billy Zardo picked Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Standings
- (Points Leader Post Richmond) Terry Wagner – 677+102=779
- Tayler Stiles – 645+102=747 (-32)
- Justin Tucker – 645+67=712 (-67)
- Ashley McCubbin – 614+79=693 (-86)
- Tim Johnston – 620+57=677
- Brooke Clarke – 596+80=676
- Kyle Magda – 611+55=666
- Billy Zardo – 592+65=657
- Billy Stiles Jr. – 575+72=647
- Marshall Gabell – 578+57=635
- Ronald Costigan – 574+57=631
- Kreistina Blinova – 561+57=618
- Jeni Harris – 531+78=609
- Robert Hill – 568+37=605
- Tyler Sontag – 510+87=597
- Christina Cordner – 538+57=595
- Joni Stiles – 489+88=577
- (Points Leader Post NSCS Richmond) Terry Wagner – 1584+43+102=1729
- Tayler Stiles – 1541+70+102=1713 (-16)
- Ashley McCubbin – 1556+69+79=1704 (-25)
- Justin Tucker – 1581+43+67=1691 (-38)
- Brooke Clarke – 1515+65+80=1660 (-69)
- Kyle Magda – 1534+61+55=1650 (-79)
- Ronald Costigan – 1505+74+57=1636 (-93)
- Tyler Sontag – 1462+69+87=1618
- Tim Johnston – 1490+40+57=1587
- Billy Stiles Jr. – 1418+59+72=1549
- Billy Zardo – 1420+40+65=1525
- Marshall Gabell – 1408+55+57=1520
- Joni Stiles – 1355+52+88=1495
- Robert Hill – 1398+57+37=1492
- Jeni Harris – 1341+65+78=1484
- Christina Cordner – 1345+81+57=1483
- Kreistina Blinova – 1187+51+57=1295