Toronto (Ontario, Canada), July 17th, 2016 – The weekend brought a much anticipated fourth place for the #47 WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare team. On the starting grid in seventh place, Louis-Philippe Dumoulin has quickly made his way to the top-5 and was able to skillfully stand his ground through the last restart, ending up crossing the finish line just one step away from the podium on the Toronto Honda Indy road circuit.
”It’s a relief for us to find ourselves in the top-5 again! Everything was in place for us to finish strong and fight for a podium. The first restart put us in a delicate position between two opponents, but it all worked out in the end for us. Everything played out during the second neutralization. I knew it was possible to compete for the top-5, or even the podium. A fourth place brings us confidence in our 2016 plan. The team did an exceptional job and it paid off. We’re only a few settings off from the WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare road circuit car being as competitive as it was in previous years,” explains Louis-Philippe Dumoulin.
The great rally against cancer continues
What a show of generosity! The cause affects many people. The young and the old are touched by it, and both contribute in their own way to raise funds for the Quebec cancer foundation. Once again, this weekend, the fans have mobilized and covered the trunks of Jean-François and Louis-Philippe Dumoulin’s cars in signatures, raising another $800 (total so far: $1650).
Come see us on Saturday July 23rd (Edmonton) and Wednesday July 27th (Saskatoon).
- Race results at: http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/14474
- The race will be broadcast on TSN (3/5) on Saturday, July 23 at 14:30 p.m. as well as on RDS on Friday, August 5th.
“Passion – Performance – Partnerships”
WeatherTech Canada designs, develops and produces high quality, digitally custom fit automotive accessories; including FloorLiners, All-Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, TechLiners and No-Drill Mudflaps. Engineers use the newest technology available to measure the geometric complexity of the vehicle ensuring a constantly perfect fit. WeatherTech… Where Technology and All Weather Protection meet! www.weathertech.ca
Groupe Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare’s innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! www.groupebellemare.com
WEBSITES / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Meet Louis-Philippe Dumoulin at www.weathertech.ca
- WeatherTech Canada: www.weathertech.ca/behindtech
- Groupe Bellemare: www.groupebellemare.com/
- Honda Indy Toronto : www.hondaindytoronto.com
- Dumoulin Compétition: www.dumoulincompetition.com
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series: http://hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
- Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @DumoulinLP / @jf_dumoulin
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
Summary – Highlights in Louis-Philippe Dumoulin’s career
- In 2015, he finishes the NASCAR Pinty’s championship in fourth place (2 podiums and six top-5s in eleven events.)
- 2014 champion of the NASCAR Pinty’s series: 5 podiums and 2 victories, as well as 9 top-5s in eleven events. It is the first time that a team made up entirely of Quebecers wins this championship. (Prep. team: King Autosport, managed by Martin Roy).
- Won the Gilles Villeneuve Trophy in 2014 and 2001. This trophy symbolizes the fighting spirit and on-track excellence of a Quebec-native driver throughout the season that just ended.It is the first time that a recipient of the Trophy wins it twice throughout their career.
- Won, in 2013, the only Ontarian event to this day made up of an all-Quebecer podium (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – NCATS series);
- The only Canadian who climbed on the podium in 2012 during the prestigious event of the 12 hours of Sebring (2nd place – American Le Mans Series – GT3 Cup – WeatherTech Racing Team);
- Won the title of rookie of the year in 2011 in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series despite having only participated in 8 races out of 13 (scoring four top-10s and two top-5s);
- Crowned Canadian champion in Formula Ford 1600 in 2002;
- He still owns the record in Formule Ford 1600 for the highest amount of victories and pole positions in one season (2002).