Last year at Varney Motor Speedway, Scott Schlueter had a great season as he finished second in points.
In midst of getting ready for the 2014 season, Schlueter took on the 15 questions that make up Tracking the Short Tracks.
1. How’d you get started in racing?
Grew up going to varney and enjoyed watching. After I graduated high school I decided try it out, knowing nothing about the race cars.
2. First racing memory
My first memory was getting lapped multiple times in a heat, but my biggest memory was rolling my car.
3. If you could be sponsored by any beverage, which would you want to be sponsored by?
Coca cola because it’s my favourite
4. Story behind your car number
My favourite number growing up and the one I used in demo derbies was 77 but the number was taken, so I turned the one 7 into a 3
5. If you have a nickname, what is it and why? If not, what do you think should be a good nickname?
Don’t have a nickname, I’ll wait until someone gives me one.
6. If you could race against any NASCAR driver, who and why?
Bobby Labonte – he is my favourite driver and he has had a successful career.
7. What’s your life like outside of racing? Hobbies?
When racing is over hockey season begins! I’m a big Leafs fan! Racing is really my only hobby, it takes enough of my money lol
8. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
A seagul, they get to view the world from a different angle, and annoy anyone near them.
9. Favourite pizza topping
Pepperoni – I like things simple
10. Dream vacation spot
I’ve always wanted to travel Europe
11. If you were stuck on an island, what would you have to have?
12. Favourite book
Not a big reader
13. Favourite movie
The Halloween series
14. Favourite piece of technology
15. Sponsors/people you’d like to thank
My girlfriend, my parents, MCR Advanced Collision Centres, DeHaan Painting, Parks Livestock, Domtel Networks, Engines from Hal.
For more information on Schlueter Racing, check out http://www.schlueterracing.com/index.html.