Monday, September 20, 2021

Latest Posts

Young Continues To Dominate Mini Stocks At Full Throttle

By Doug Townsend

Varney ON – Corry Young continued to show that he is the car to beat in the Mini Stock Division at Full Throttle Motor Speedway. On Friday night the Owen Sound driver again took both feature races making it four in a row for #36. In the first feature of the night Young was able to use his #4 starting position to quickly get himself out front as the action happened behind him in the battle for second. Hard charging #17 Kevin Bridge from Kincardine moved up from 9th to find himself in a tough battle for 2nd with #75 Scott Mast out of Cambridge on lap 13 and in making the past he brought along #51 Clark Hartman from Waterloo. At the finish it was Young, Bridge, Hartman and Mast, rounding out the top 5 was #85 Bill Clarke from Mount Forest. Feature two found three fast cars starting in the deep in the field Young in 9th, Hartman in 10th and Mast in 11th. This trio starting working their way through the field at the drop of the green and by lap 9 they had made there way to the front. #36 Young in close racing with #17 Kevin Bridge for the lead found them making some minor contact, bringing out the caution for a cut tire ending Bridges night. In the end it was Young, Hartman then #35 Tim Tolton from Guelph followed by #85 Bill Clarke and #75 Scott Mast rounding out the top five.

The Pure Stock class also saw a two feature winner this time it was #17 driven by Nick Clarke of Mount Forest taking both checkers. Feature was a very clean race seeing 17 Clarke starting in the 8th position and working his way to the front and never looking back, second went to #43 Joey Schouten of Mount Forest, third was #14 Luke Bos from Conn, fourth #77 Isaac McMillan out of Owen Sound and rounding out the top five was #5 Lyle Lorenz from Listowel. Feature two was not as easy for #17 Clarke as he found himself in a battle to get the lead from veteran racer #48 John Green from Linwood. It would not be until a lap 9 pass that he would see clearer sailing and then spend the rest of the race working his way through lapped traffic for the win. Second was Green, third went to #14 Luke Bos, fourth was #43 Joey Schouten and rounding out the top five was again #5 Lyle Lorenz.

When the Open Wheel Modifieds visited this time they had another two feature winner by the name Mclean but this time it was Gary. Feature one saw # 8 Gary Mclean start on the outside pole of veteran racer #36 Gary Elliot from Waterdown and grab the early lead and never look back, hard on his tail was #7 Brent McLean of Conn, followed in third by #23 Paul Milligan of Innisfil Beach with Elliot rounding out the top five. Feature two saw the familiar #7 and #8 battling for the lead when the red flag was brought out on lap 17 for #88 Jacob Robb of Varney going hard into the wall between corners 3 and 4 ripping the right front tire completely off the Robb machine. On the insuring restart for the green white checker it was #7 Brent McLean getting the edge on #8 for Gary McLean to lead him to the finish but when the checker flew it was ruled that he had in fact jumped the restart and was dropped one position giving Gary McLean the win Brent McLean second third went to #23 Paul Milligan fourth was #47 Brian McLean from Conn and round out the top five #36 “The Iron Man” Gary Elliott.

Pro Late Model made their first appearance of the season to the delight of race fans and they did not disappoint. Feature one saw the London Recreational Racing #89 Shawn Chenoweth start on the pole with #11 Cole Weber on the outside these two would battle door to door for 1 and 2 as #10 Tom Gibbons would battle with #40 Mark Dixon from Aberdeen until a caution was brought out on lap 5 for a spin, on the restart #11 would have mechanical issue which sent him into the side of the #89 then spinning into corner one. On the next restart #89 Chenoweth would get the advantage and not look back on his way to the checker flag second went to #10 Tom Gibbons, third was #40 Mark Dixon, fourth was #1 Kent Nuhn from Desboro and rounding out the top 5 was #34 T.J. Edwards from Fergus. Feature two of the night again saw all drivers going hard and not wanting to give up any spots on the track. After a first lap caution things remaind good until lap 5 when #4 of Bruce Hutchinson put #17 Kyle Woods from Mount Forest around earning him the first black flag of the season. When the green dropped again the battles where all up front with #11 Cole Weber leading the way followed by #10 Tom Gibbons and #89 Shawn Chenoweth and that is how the top three would finish with fourth going to #34 T.J. Edwards and fifth to #40 Mark Dixon.

The Crazy Trains where also on hand to delight the fans with their skill and grace on the speedway. Feature one saw the Rockford Rednecks take the checker in this one but the driving of the night was done in feature two as the Here We Go team from Mount Forest didn’t even get one lap in before the hood on their lead car would come up blocking the drivers view which only seemed to help as they were able to work their way through the field to take the checker.
The next racing action is this Friday June 13th when we will have the Pro Late Models back again along with V8 Thunder Stocks, Pure Stocks the Legends are here along with Junior Late Models plus a 67 lap Enduro race. Green flag is 7:30PM for full details check us out at

Latest Posts

Don't Miss