Cameron Hayley, No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Race No. 2 of 23
2015 Driver Point Standings: 19th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 23rd
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
HAYLEY SET TO MAKE HIS ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY DEBUT
Sandusky, Ohio (February 24, 2015) – Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, will make his second track debut of 2015 in Saturday’s Hyundai Construction Equipment 200 at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway (AMS).
The South Georgia track, which was a staple of the series for eight years prior to 2012, has been off the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) schedule for the last two years. In fact, almost half of the driver’s entered in the 33 truck field will also be making their NCWTS debut on the tough, fast, and rough, 1.54-mile quad oval. Of the 33 driver’s entered, 16 of those 31 driver’s named have no experience in the NCWTS at AMS, evening out the playing field for the ThorSport Racing driver.
Also, when surveying the competition, you can’t forget about Hayley’s experience on the pit box. Jeff Hensley is in his 12th year as a crew chief in the NCWTS and has 12 starts to his credit at AMS including three poles, and two wins, an advantage for the 18-year-old Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, and his No. 13 ThorSport Racing team.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“I’ve never been to Atlanta (Motor Speedway), but I’ve heard it’s a tough track. I’ve also heard it’s a lot of fun to drive, so I’m looking forward to the challenge this weekend. Since the series hasn’t raced there in two years, I think there will be a lot of drivers that have never been there, and that should even out the competition a little bit. We’ve got almost three hours of practice on Thursday so we can almost use that as a test session to get me up to speed. My crew chief, Jeff Hensley, and my teammates, Matt (Crafton) and Johnny (Sauter) have a lot of experience there, so I’m sure I’ll lean on them for help.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… Hayley will pilot chassis No. 38 in Saturday’s Hyundai Construction Equipment 200 at AMS. This chassis was last seen in 2014 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet. Jeb Burton started third and finished fifth.
- Calling the Shots… Jeff Hensley has 261 career starts to his credit since 2005 in the NCWTS including 12 starts at AMS. The veteran crew chief has earned three poles with driver Mike Skinner (2005, 2006 & 2007), and two wins with driver’s Mike Skinner (2007) and Ron Hornaday (2011).
- Previous Race Recap… Hayley made his track debut at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway last Friday night. The Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender showed speed and craft through NASCAR’s two practice sessions, posting the fastest time in final practice, and followed that up, by posting the fastest time in the first round of qualifying. Starting 14th, the ThorSport Racing driver would work his way up to the sixth position before getting caught-up in the “Big One” and relegated to a 23rd-place finish.
- First Wins… Two driver’s earned their first career NCWTS win at AMS – Ryan Newman (October, 2008), and Ty Dillon (August, 2012).
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- Four starts since 2014
- Two top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 6th (Loudon, 2014)
- Has completed 439 of 491 laps attempted (89.41%)
- Average start: 7.75
- Average finish: 12.5
Date: Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015
Time: 5:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.54-mile quad oval
Distance: 130 laps/200.2 miles
Practice: 2:30 p.m. ET/Friday, Feb. 27, FOX Sports 1
Qualifying: 10:30 a.m. ET/Saturday, Feb. 28, FOX Sports 1
Team Website: www.ThorSport.com
Driver Website: www.CameronHayley.com
Sponsor Website: www.CabinetsbyHayley.com
ABOUT CABINETS BY HAYLEY:
Cabinets by Hayley is the premier manufacturer of metal garage and storage cabinets in Canada, coast to coast. Formed in 1978, Hayley Industrial Electronics Ltd. produced high-powered, uninterruptible power supply units for heavy-duty applications. After nearly 30 years of high-standard systems in the industrial field, Hayley formed Cabinets by Hayley to service the residential market. Now, Cabinets by Hayley offers a full line of metal storage cabinets for the people that want the best in quality and appearance for their storage needs. To learn more, visit www.CabinetsByHayley.com
ABOUT THORSPORT RACING:
ThorSport Racing, based in a state-of-the-art 100,000-square-foot facility in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 98 Nextant Aerospace/Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff/Curb Records Toyota Tundra driven by Johnny Sauter, and the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra driven by Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley in 2015.