Johnny Sauter, No. 98 Nextant Aerospace/Curb Records Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Race No. 2 of 23
2015 Driver Point Standings: 7th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 10th
Crew Chief: Doug George
SAUTER’S LOOKING FOR FIRST TOP-FIVE FINISH AT ATLANTA
Sandusky, Ohio (February 24, 2015) – The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will return to one of the fastest tracks on the NASCAR circuit – Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway (AMS) – for the 14th annual Hyundai Construction Equipment 200 on Saturday, Feb. 28. The 130 lap race will mark the first time the series has visited the 1.54-mile quad oval since 2012.
Johnny Sauter, driver of the No. 98 Nextant Aerospace/Curb Records Toyota Tundra will make his fifth career start in “Hotlanta,” and the Necedah, Wisc. native is looking for his first top-five finish at the South Georgia track. For a veteran driver that finishes in the top-five 36.6 percent of the time, a solid run with a proven chassis, is not out of question for the ThorSport Racing driver.
Sounding Off – Johnny Sauter:
“Atlanta is a tough one for me. It’s a fun place, no question about it. The speeds will fall off from sticker tires to 20 laps into a run, which will be pretty big. Everyone will be slipping and sliding – running the bottom, middle and top – and it will be fun. I’m glad we have another race back-to-back this year with Daytona and Atlanta. It will keep the momentum going for the entire team.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… Sauter will pilot chassis No. 45 for the 14th annual Hyundai Construction Equipment 200 at AMS. This chassis was last run at Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway in 2014. Sauter started 16th and finished 14th. This is also the same chassis that Sauter took to victory lane at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn in 2014.
- Calling the Shots… Doug George has 155 career starts to his credit in the NCWTS including six starts at AMS. The veteran crew chief has earned two poles with drivers Kyle Busch (2009), and Ron Hornaday Jr. (2010) and one win with Kyle Busch (2009).
- Nextant Aerospace takes flight in Atlanta… Cleveland, Ohio-based Nextant Aerospace, a Directional Aviation Capital company and the world leader in business aircraft remanufacturing, will make its first of 15 appearances on board the No. 98 Toyota Tundra of Johnny Sauter in Saturday evening’s Hyundai Construction Equipment 200 at AMS.
- Previous Race Recap… Sauter started 19th in the NextEra Energy Resources 250 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway, and ran as high as fourth before receiving damage in a lap 50 accident involving 12 trucks in Turn 3. The ThorSport Racing driver went a lap down and battled his way back to a 10th-place finish.
Sauter’s NCWTS Stats At Atlanta Motor Speedway:
- Four starts since 2009
- 496 of 520 laps completed (95.4%)
- 0 laps led
- One top-10 finish
- Best start: 6th (2012)
- Best finish: 8th (2010)
- Average start: 10.8
- Average finish: 16.8
Johnny Sauter’s 2014 Highlights:
- Finished fourth in the NCWTS driver point standings
- Sixth consecutive full-time season driving for ThorSport Racing
- Earned a win at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, extending his win streak to six consecutive seasons
- Earned eight top-five and 16 top-10 finishes
- 154 laps led
- Average finish: 9.3
Sauter’s Career Truck Series Stats:
- 153 starts since 2003
- 10 wins
- 56 top-five finishes
- 87 top-10 finishes
- Five poles
- 22,985 laps completed
- 1159 laps led
- Average start: 10.7
- Average finish: 11.0
Date: Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015
Time: 5:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.54-mile quad oval
Distance: 130 laps/200.2 miles
Practice: 2:30 p.m. ET/Friday, Feb. 27, FOX Sports 1
Qualifying: 10:30 a.m. ET/Saturday, Feb. 28, FOX Sports 1
Driver Website: www.Johnny-Sauter.com
ABOUT NEXTANT AEROSPACE:
Nextant’s pioneering process for remanufacturing business jets is now recognized as an established technical and commercial success worldwide with significant sales in every major operator category and class-leading levels of comfort, performance, and reliability at a purchase price half that of comparable aircraft. The revolutionary 400XTi light jet features Williams FJ44-3AP engines and the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21(tm) integrated flight deck. The same winning combination is expected to repeat this success with the Nextant G90XT turboprop powered by next-generation GE H75-100 engines and an enhanced Garmin G1000 integrated flight deck. Founded in 2007, Nextant is a Directional Aviation company based in Cleveland, Ohio. For more information visit:www.NextantAerospace.com
ABOUT DIRECTIONAL AVIATION CAPITAL:
Directional Aviation Capital is a private investment firm whose singular focus is private business aviation. Combining strategic aviation ownership, unmatched experience and revolutionary vision, Directional continues to innovate and reshape private aviation. Directional’s unique industry expertise enables them to quickly understand business aviation companies and provide the financing and operational strategy needed to take advantage of evolving market opportunities. For more information, visit: www.DirectionalAviation.com
ABOUT THORSPORT RACING:
ThorSport Racing, based in a state-of-the-art 100,000-square-foot facility in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 98 Nextant Aerospace/Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff/Curb Records Toyota Tundra driven by Johnny Sauter, and the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra driven by Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley in 2015.